Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tee's Version of Korean Bulgogi






Finally!!! That's probably the thought that's running through your minds as you peruse this long awaited recipe. I've had the pictures in my camera for weeks now, but today, my body and mind finally relented and I am here to present how to make the deliciousness that I've been feeding you all.

Ingredients:
1 pack of Leroux Shaved Beef
2-3 medium onions [any type will work and actually, you can use as many onions as you please]
optional: green onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots [I personally would avoid root vegetables or potatoes as additions when cooking it at this point as root vegetables take a while to soften and potatoes may make the recipe too starchy.]
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced [how ever much garlic you like, you can put in, I love the stuff so I usually do like a full Tbsp of minced garlic.]
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp mirin [optional]
1 Tbsp Korean red pepper paste, kkochu jjang

Heat the sesame oil and lightly cook the garlic until it just begins to sizzle. Garlic burns quickly so have all of your vegetables ready to dump in. Add vegetables and cook until onions are soft and nearly translucent. Add soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and Korean red chili pepper paste. Add the meat at the very last minute and cook until the meat has browned.

Tip: Soak the meat in cold water before you use it. As you add it into the pot, make sure to separate the slices so that all of the meat browns evenly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment